Terms and Conditions
SEA LIFE Melbourne
Terms and Conditions of entry and ticket purchase for SEA LIFE Melbourne
Terms and Conditions of entry and ticket purchase for SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium. Please read carefully before completing your purchase.
PLEASE NOTE: All prices shown on this website are in Australian Dollars (AUD).
General Terms and Conditions
SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium (the “Attraction”) is owned and operated by Melbourne Underwater World Pty Ltd As Trustee For Melbourne Underwater World Trust ("Merlin", "we", "us"). We place great importance on the safety of our visitors and endeavour to ensure that the high standards set by the company, are complied with by all those in the Attraction. We are only prepared to allow entry to the Attraction to those visitors who are willing to comply with the Attraction Regulations set out below.
We are sure that you will wish to assist us in ensuring the Attraction and facilities therein remain a safe place in which to enjoy a fun-filled experience. To assist in ensuring your safety, CCTV is in operation within the Attraction.
1. All persons entering SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium are admitted subject to the following Attraction Regulations. Any person who does not comply with these Regulations may be removed from the Attraction by either SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium Security Personnel/Staff or Police Officers. This without prejudice to any claim that the Attraction may have against such a person or persons arising out of their actions. Whilst inside the Attraction, all visitors must comply with any instructions given to them by Security, Attraction Personnel or Police Officers.
2. SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse admission to the Attraction, ban from entry to the Attraction or remove from the Attraction any person who:-
2.1 Has been convicted of a criminal offence, which, in the opinion of SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium, is likely to affect the enjoyment of other visitors;
2.2 Has behaved in the Attraction in a manner, which, in the opinion of SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium, has, or is likely to affect the enjoyment of other visitors
2.3 Uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner, which may provoke a breach of the peace.
2.4 Does not follow the written or verbal safety instructions or behaves in a manner which may endanger the safety of the individual or other visitors in the Attraction.
3. All persons entering the Attraction must pay for admission or hold a valid admission ticket that must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required by Staff. Any person attempting to gain admission to the Attraction or being found inside the Attraction without a valid admission ticket may be ejected from the Attraction.
4. No child or children aged 15 or under will be admitted to the Attraction unless they are accompanied by an adult who shall be 18 years or over and such child or children whilst on site must remain under the control or supervision of an adult at all times.
5. No dogs except guide dogs or other pets of any kind shall be allowed in the Attraction.
6. To prevent offensive weapons or dangerous articles from being taken into the Attraction, visitors are admitted to the Attraction subject to a condition that, if requested to do so, they will allow themselves to be searched. It is prohibited to bring into the Attraction any weapons, fireworks, smoke bombs, glass bottles or other articles, which may cause injury. The throwing of any article, which could cause injury or annoyance is strictly prohibited.
7. The consumption of intoxicating liquors is not permitted anywhere in the Attraction. Accordingly, intoxicating liquor must not be taken into the Attraction and any persons found possessing alcohol, or who appear to be under the influence of alcohol will be refused admission or escorted from the Attraction.
8. SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium will endeavour to ensure that as many exhibits as possible are on display. We may, however, without prior notice and without refund or compensation, change the operating hours of the Attraction, close the Attraction or any part of it temporarily, restrict the number of persons having access to the Attraction, and/or close any part of the Attraction or interactive programme for operational reasons.
9. Unnecessary noise (such as that from the use of radio sets and other electrical equipment), or any behaviour likely to cause annoyance/disturbance to other visitors and/or animals or confusion of any kind is not permitted in any part of the Attraction.
10. The climbing of or standing upon railings, barriers or structures is strictly prohibited.
11. Only SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium staff or appointed contractors (such as Magic Memories photography) are permitted to sell or offer for sale any items to visitors within the Attraction, including but not limited to tickets, gift shop items and food and beverages.
12. SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium accepts no responsibility for any loss and/or damage however arising (including that which might arise as a result of any breach of contract) including any distress, inconvenience or anxiety caused to guests whilst in the Attraction.
13. From time to time SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium or other authorised parties carry out photography and/or video recording in the Attraction, which may feature visitors. By accepting these Regulations, you agree that Melbourne Aquarium or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials rests with Melbourne Aquarium or such authorised party (as the case may be).
14. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere in SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium.
15. The wearing of clothing, which in the opinion of SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium, is offensive to other visitors is not permitted. Footwear and shirts must be worn at all times.
16. For all payments made via this website, Melbourne Underwater World Pty Ltd will be the responsible contractual party. This responsibility includes: refunds, chargebacks, cancellations and dispute resolution. In the event that a dispute is raised, we will offer the first line of support and will refund the Buyer if deemed appropriate.
These Regulations are for the benefit of all our visitors and will be strictly enforced.
Ticket Purchase Terms and Conditions
All tickets purchased online require the Visitor to produce evidence of purchase upon arrival at the attraction. Ticket/s will be emailed to the email address nominated by the Visitor at time of purchase upon successful completion of the transaction. Foreign exchange fees may be applied to some transactions at the discretion of the guest's bank or card issuer. Domestic guests with queries regarding foreign exchange fees can contact the attraction using the contact details provided on the website.
Refund Policy: Admission tickets are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, non-refundable and void if altered. They are not valid for special events that require a separate admission charge. All persons entering the Attraction must have a valid entrance ticket which must be retained during your visit. As the tickets are non-transferable, accordingly they may not be sold or passed to any third party.
The visitor attraction known as SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium and situated on the corner of Flinders Street and King Street, Melbourne ("the Attraction") is owned by Melbourne Underwater World As Trustee For Melbourne Underwater World Trust. All ticket holders to the Attraction are subject to the following Terms and Conditions and by acquiring one or more tickets to The Attraction ("Ticket" or "Tickets") you confirm to Merlin that you accept these terms and conditions of use. Ticket holders are referred to in these Terms and Conditions as "Visitors".
1. Tickets 1.1 One Ticket purchased entitles one person entry to the Attraction on a single occasion. Once Visitors have left the Attraction, they will need to purchase an additional Ticket to re-enter the Attraction
1.2 All persons entering the Attraction must hold a valid Ticket that must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required by any member of staff. Failure to produce a valid Ticket on request may result in removal from the Attraction
1.3 Group Tickets for parties of 10 or more may be available at discounted rates ("Group Tickets"). Please see the Groups section of the Attraction website for details
1.4 Where Ticket prices vary according to age, the following provisions apply:
1.4.1 A person of 16 years or older is classed as an adult;
1.4.2 A person aged 3 to 15 years is classed as a child; and
1.4.3 For children aged 2 years and under, no admission fee will be charged
1.5 Concession Tickets apply to the following groups:
1.5.1 Students, upon production of a valid VIC Student Concession Card
1.5.2 VIC Seniors upon presentation of ID to verify their age as over 65
1.5.3 Carers Card holders, upon presentation of a valid Carers Card
1.6 Disabled rates are available to eligible parties. Note: One Companion Card Holder can enter free of charge with each person with a disability
1.7 The price of Tickets may vary from time to time and the prices advertised are not guaranteed
1.8 Once acquired, whether by purchase or on a complimentary basis, Tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable and void if altered and Tickets that Merlin reasonably suspects have been transferred or altered will not be honoured. If lost, Tickets will not be replaced.
1.9 Tickets will include entry to most, but not all, areas of the Attraction. Subject to availability and at Merlin's discretion, Visitors may be able to purchase additional tickets to obtain access to all areas of the Attraction
1.10 From time to time, Merlin may issue Tickets under special promotions ("Promotional Tickets") but Promotional Tickets will be available subject to availability and subject to any terms and conditions affecting the particular promotion
1.11 Individual cost for the Melbourne Big Ticket is $45 per person when bought online from SEALIFEMelbourne.com.au at least 24 hours in advance. The price on the day whether purchased onsite from admissions, or online, is $50 per person. Attraction tickets are valid for 90 days from first attraction visit. The Melbourne Big Ticket includes single entry to SEA LIFE Melbourne, and LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Melbourne.
1.12 Melbourne Big Ticket key chain promotion: Recipients of the Melbourne Big Ticket keychain promotion must bring in their Melbourne Big Ticket Key Chain leaflet into SEA LIFE Melbourne or LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Melbourne. A free LEGO key chain will be awarded with the purchase of a full price Melbourne Big Ticket, at the first attraction visited within the validity dates as stated on the printed voucher. Particular key chain designs cannot be guaranteed. While stocks last.
1.13 Flexible tickets are only valid for 12 months from purchase.
2. Pre-booked Tickets
2.1 Pre-booked Tickets purchased via the website (including Priority Access Tickets (as defined below)) should be produced by the Visitor on arrival for inspection and will be scanned to check validity.
2.2 Pre booked Tickets may not be used in conjunction with any voucher, promotion or special offer
3. Priority Access Tickets
3.1 Where available, Visitors will be able to purchase Tickets entitling them to gain entry to the Attraction in priority to holders of standard Tickets ("Priority Access Tickets"). This does not ensure guaranteed entry and queuing may be needed in line with the capacity of the attraction.
3.2 Priority Access Tickets will entitle the Visitor to gain priority access as described at time of purchase.
3.1 during a specified time slot ("the Allocated Entry Time")
3.4 Visitors who miss the Allocated Entry Time are not guaranteed to receive priority access and will need to approach the ticket desk for assistance
3.5 Once purchased, Priority Access Tickets may not be transferred, assigned or re-sold to any third party
4. Time Specific Tickets
4.1 Time Specific Tickets entitle the Visitor to access within the timeslot specified when booking (e.g. after 5pm) if applicable
4.2 Visitors who miss the Allocated Entry Time are not guaranteed entry and will need to approach the ticket desk for assistance
This contract and all matters arising out of it are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia.
VISA International Operating Regulations specify that a merchant must ensure that its Electronic Commerce Merchant includes any return/refund policy on the Merchant's Website and that a "click to accept," or other acknowledgement button accepting the policy, is used by the Cardholder. Purchase terms and conditions must be displayed to the Cardholder during the order process either on the same screen as the checkout screen indicating the total Transaction amount or within the sequence of Web pages accessed by the Cardholder before the final checkout. It also cannot contain a hyperlink that takes the Cardholder away from this page or series of pages. In the U.S. Region, in addition to the above requirements, an Electronic Commerce Merchant Website must communicate its refund policy to the Cardholder during the order process. A typed or printed name (unless a verified electronic signature) or I.P. address is also not proof of proper disclosure. "