WANT TO HAVE A UNIQUE WORK EXPERIENCE?
Applications for Year 10 Work Experience at SEA LIFE Melbourne open in early October for the following year. All interested students will need to complete an application form; this will be made available to download a week prior to the opening!
To ensure your application is considered, please provide as much information as possible in each of the sections below and return by the due date. Please note that if you submit your application after the due date, you will miss out in being considered for Work Experience in 2018.
This form does not guarantee you a place in the program; it allows us to learn a little more about you and how passionate you are in a marine science, tourism or aquarium-based career. All applicants will be notified via email of the outcome of their application.
Applications for 2018 will open on Monday 9th October 2017.
Applications close at 5pm SHARP on Friday 3rd November 2017.
Please Note: We do not accept volunteer placements
Work Experience Application Form and Flyer
If you have any questions about Work Experience please email: email@example.com
2018 Work Experience at SEA LIFE Melbourne Conditions and Information
Please Read Before Submitting Your Application
- Placements at SEA LIFE Melbourne are very popular and highly sought after, with up to 200 or more applicants received ever year.
- Each student will be required to complete an application form and submit this during the application period. To assist us in considering the application, please provide as much information as possible about how work experience will assist future career paths.
- The aim of Work Experience at SEA LIFE Melbourne is to give students an insight into how an Aquarium operates as a whole, and how each department contributes to achieving this.
- Work Experience at SEA LIFE Melbourne involves working with a variety of departments. This can include, but not limited to: Curatorial, Education, Guest Experiences, Guest Services, Retail, Events, and Marketing.
- Due to the wide range of departments students will experience, there are going to be times where they will not be working with the animals.
- Work Experience students also assist with food preparation for the animals each day. This includes handling raw animal food, mainly fish, and using sharp knives. Safety procedures are in place for this.
- The application form is not a guarantee of placement. All applicants will be notified via email if successful or not.
- Forms must be received by the due date to be considered – applications received before the application opening date, or after the due date will not be considered. No resume or cover letter is required.
- Dates for Work Experience at SEA LIFE Melbourne are set and cannot be changed. These may not match the dates set by your school. Students need to check with their teachers or Careers Advisors before applying to see if they can undertake placement during the chosen/offered dates.