Leading by example
We're always looking for ways to protect the environment.
We have some great initiatives here at the aquarium that underpin our commitment to sustainability.
As a business we're aiming to embed sustainable practices across all areas of operations.
Beach Clean Ups
Did you know that we regularly schedule nature and beach clean ups? We are always looking at ways to clean up the beautiful beaches and parks around us!
In the past year, we have organised cleanups at Ricketts Point, Batman Park, Mornington Pier, St. Kilda Beach, and the Yarra River Bank near SEA LIFE Melbourne!
Being A Force For Good
- We are a part of responsiblecafes.org “we choose to reuse”! We are offering anyone who brings their own cup a $2 coffee! Most cafés offer a discount of 20-50 cents but we are offering $1.80!
- We removed all plastic bags from SEA LIFE Melbourne over 2 years ago. We only use plastic bags in our large waste bins.
- We have replaced all plastic straws in the café and functions with paper straws.
- Removed tomato sauce sachets and replaced them with large 4 litre sauce pump bottles.
- Removed all sugar and sweetener sachets and only offer raw sugar in a jar.
- Introduced KeepCups in both Retail and our Cafe's.
- We have 4 worm farms behind the scenes which we feed our prep scraps to.
- All serving trays and plates are recycled and biodegradable.
- Recycled paper napkins.
- Sustainable and recycled retail store.
- Pop up garden in our Nella Dan area
- Reduces plastic packaging in Retail.