Waddle into SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium’s Penguin Playground exhibit these school holidays and see the newest King penguin chicks before they’re all grown up! Check out the fluffy youngsters including the eldest Nog, as they continue to test their happy feet, slipping and sliding amongst the rest of the penguin colony. Not yet grown into their adult feathers, the royal penguin brood are easy to spot chilling out on the ice sporting their juvenile brown, fluffy feathers.
Dive in for cool presentations and plenty of penguin activities on offer throughout the entire school holidays including colouring-in and themed days. Kids can also follow BREED RESCUE and PROTECT characters Tyler, Mia and Magnus on an interactive quiz trail and even win a variety of penguin prizes.
For a closer look at the King penguin youngsters, get suited up in your Antarctic snow gear and discover SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium’s Penguin Passport experience, a once-in-a-lifetime encounter with the majestic King and cheeky Gentoo penguins. Visitors have the exclusive opportunity to huddle amongst the penguin population and watch them swim and play, as well as tour the food preparation and veterinary areas. Don’t miss these vocal creatures as they call out to each other with their unique honking noises or singing together in a loud chorus.
The Penguin Playground exhibit is just one of the 12 new zones of discovery at SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium, open to the public throughout the entire school holidays.
- Meet the new King Penguin chicks: Nog, Sebastian, Jack and Pedro!
Learn about their special icy playground, what their favourite activities are and their favourite food!
- Get crafty with Penguin-themed kids’ activities and colouring-in
- Enter the Penguin Party Facebook competition for your chance to win the Ultimate Penguin Party Prize, including your chance to meet the penguin chicks ON THE ICE!
- Enjoy daily animal feeds and special presentations
- Discover the interactive quiz trail for kids and soak up loads of fishy facts!
- Get your hands wet in our Rockpools, touch beautiful sea stars & shark eggs