our commitment to conservation
Conservation at Our Core
Our vision is of a world where our oceans are healthy, properly protected and full of diverse life.
We want all visitors to our aquarium to love the oceans and the creatures that live in them as much as we do. By sharing their beauty, we want to inspire you to help us protect them for generations to come.
Our partnership with the SEA LIFE Trust allows us to build a community of young leaders to influence positive change for the future health of the world's oceans. Each year, we reach millions of visitors providing them the opportunity to:
- Engage in and learn about our aquatic environments and foster action to help improve habitat health;
- Encourage practical and simple changes that they can make that collectively contribute to better outcomes for our aquatic environments; and
- Support innovative and practical projects that help use make a considerable difference to the many threatened endangered aquatic species and habitats.
The SEA LIFE Mission
We are committed to protecting Australia's unique aquatic animals and their habitats.
Here at SEA LIFE we care deeply about our oceans, the creatures that live above and beneath the surface and those we are lucky enough to have in our care.
We aim to inspire our visitors to care as much as we do and help raise awareness of the critical importance of our oceans.
After all, we only get one planet!
Below are our three pillars supporting our conservation philosophy at SEA LIFE Melbourne.
- Establishing breeding programs
- Better understanding the species in our care
- Conserving vulnerable species
- Nurse sick and injured creatures
- Rehab and release back into the wild
- Provide a home to those that can't be returned
- Campaign to protect environments and animals
- Take direct action to preserve key habitats
- Support initiatives via the SEA LIFE Trust