On Thursday 23 May, Melbourne Aquarium will launch the inaugural Marine Discovery Lecture Series.
Across five separate jam-packed nights, the lectures will bring together leading marine experts including Melbourne Aquarium staff to provide a unique insight into the marine environment, while exploring a wide variety of topics including world first research, conservation initiatives and biodiversity.
Don’t miss your opportunity to do your bit to help protect the marine environment, with 100 per cent of ticket sales going directly towards conservation initiatives.
Turtle Research and Conservation
- Date:Thursday 23 May
- Guest Speakers:Dr Tim Jessop (Melbourne University) and Amelia Grant (Melbourne Aquarium)
Shark Reproduction Research
- Date:Tuesday 18 June
- Guest Speakers:Dr Rob Jones (The Aquarium Vet) and Dr Jon Daly (Melbourne Aquarium Research Consultant)
Seadragons and Seahorses
- Date:Wednesday 10 July
- Guest Speakers:Mark Rodrigue (Parks Victoria) and Alison Edmunds (Melbourne Aquarium)
Penguins of the World
- Date:Thursday 15 August
- Guest Speakers:Tiana Preston, Nicole Kowalczyk (Earthcare St Kilda) and Sarina Walsh (Melbourne Aquarium)
- Date:Tuesday 10 September
- Guest Speakers:Mark Norman (Museum Victoria) and Wendy Roberts (Reef Watch)
- Lecture Times:6pm – 8pm
- Location:Melbourne Aquarium
- Cost:$25 per person or $100 for all five lectures
Bookings essential via email@example.com