Basic SCUBA training is provided so that you can delve into the underwater habitat of our deep sea-friends, with no experience necessary.
Take the Plunge
Experience the ultimate adrenaline rush of coming face-to-face with a shark, one of the most feared creatures of the deep. Take the plunge inside Melbourne Aquarium's 2.2 million litre Oceanarium...if you dare! It's all part of an adventure, where you'll encounter creatures of the deep and have an XTREME experience you'll never forget. Dives take place Friday to Monday each week.
Fully qualified instructors will ensure your dive is a thrilling, never-to-be forgotten experience.
Age and medical conditions apply. Suitable for all those brave enough! All equipment supplied if required.
- Minimum age 15 years - for any diver under the age of 18, parental consent and attendance at the briefing on the day of the dive is required
- MUST be able to speak English (for health and safety reasons non-English speakers are unable to dive with the sharks)
- Do not drink alcohol the night before your dive
- Do not fly in an aircraft within 24 hours after your dive
- Able to lift and walk with approx 35kg
Please note the below details before booking:
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm our latest availability.
Please complete BOTH of these forms BEFORE booking:
1. Ensure you meet the minimum requirements by DOWNLOADING AND COMPLETING THIS DECLARATION FORM.
2. Please also complete the SHARK DIVE XTREME BOOKING FORM.
You will need to bring BOTH fully-completed forms along with you on the day of your dive.
It is recommended that if customers have a current medical condition, ill health or are pregnant they do not participate in the shark dives due to possible health risk. If you do have a pre-existing condition but still want to dive, you must get this doctor's medical clearance form completed before you will be permitted to dive.
Prices - Save AT LEAST 10% Online!
Start Your Booking Now!
Or call (03) 9923 5999.
Terms and Conditions
Divers must arrive at Melbourne Aquarium to check-in at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time. The briefing for all dives commences at 1pm each dive day.
Late arrival or non-attendance will result in non admittance to the dive session. Missing your scheduled time is non-refundable.
Shark Dives are non-refundable, however your voucher can be transferred to another person.
Melbourne Aquarium will refuse admittance to any person who is under the influence of drugs or alcohol or behaving badly in an offensive or uncooperative manner.
Personal underwater cameras are not permitted on Shark Dive Xtreme.
Please note: As we cannot predict how the animals will behave for every dive, this experience cannot guarantee that a shark will approach every diver in the tank.